Friday, January 30, 2015

Beet Fudge

You hate beets? ME TOO!!! But you'll just love this pink fudgy thing.

I tried it twice (that's how much I liked it): first version with coconut oil because that's what I had and the second one (pictured here) with coconut butter. It does make a difference in consistency and the version with coconut butter is MUCH tastier.


You can use another sweetner, but I'd advise using powder ones. Liquids (maple/honey) will change consistency. (I used coconut sugar)

(Keep in mind that stevia is 10 to 15 times sweeter than sugar and other substitutes, so you might want to use ca. 1/4 to 1/2 cup demerara/coconut sugar for example for the 1/2 tsp stevia.)

From Purely Twins
Recipe: http://purelytwins.com/2013/02/13/how-to-make-homemade-chocolate-covered-low-sugar-beet-fudge/

No comments:

Post a Comment