Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fudgy Protein Bites

Crispy heaven!

Chia, maca, protein, açaí... Practically a full meal in the shape of a fudge. Keep them frozen, especially if you’re the only one eating them (recipe yields a lot). 


  • ½ cup coconut oil chocolate recipe
  • ¾ cups vanilla protein powder
  • 1 cup chia seeds.
  • 2 tsp açaí powder
  • 1/3 cup maca powder
  • 2 TBS maple syrup (coconut chocolate already has some, add to taste)
Combine ingredients, pour into moulds and freeze.

ATTENTION: Always talk to your nutritionist/doctor before you decide to take protein powder and superfoods like maca, açaí or chia. I use them at my own risk and actually very much seldom, respecting daily doses if so. I’ve been eating 1 unit of these treats every other day only (or even more sparingly).

Reminder: Sweets made with coconut oil should always be kept in the freezer (in the fridge is OK, too). They are not the kind of treats you want to be carrying around in your purse or to work because they melt when it’s around 20°C.

I also tried the recipe from the link below exactly how it was described and it was a little bit too much coconut oil for me. I felt I needed it crunchier (more chia!) and wanted to reduce coconut oil ratio. I read some of the comments there and it seems I’m not the only one who found that coconut oil was overpowering and making things a bit too oily.

No comments:

Post a Comment