Friday, August 22, 2014

Plantain with Goat Cheese and Cinnamon

I have lots of ripe plantains here and didn't know what to do with them. Since I hate throwing food away, before they got spoiled I came up with this delicious mix that reminds me of my childhood.

It killed all my cravings at once: sweet, salty, starchy.

Greased dish and plantain slices with ghee.
 Baked for 15 min in preheated medium-heat oven. Added goat cheese and cinnamon and baked for additional 5 min. Removed from oven and drizzled with a bit of honey.

NOTE: Goat cheese has low (but not no) lactose, and I personally can digest it quite well.  A good tip: The harder the cheese, the older it is, and the lower the lactose. For a lactose-free dish, choose non-dairy cheese alternatives that best works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment